Now is the time to slow down and start incorporating self-care. Here is one simple example of a self-care idea! Making your own coffee allows you to not only take time out of your busy lives and to-do lists but it also allows you to enjoy the most nourishing coffee; clean, nutritious and organic ingredients, without any added toxins or chemicals. Enjoy sipping on your coffee as you sit down with a book or magazine, or maybe just enjoy the peace and stillness with your own, home brewed latte. This is an example of taking some time out of your busy lives to start incorporating self care, with an added bonus of some wonderful coffee as well! Note how you feel while doing this for yourself and notice how just taking 10-20 minutes out of your day can really make a difference!
- 12 oz. organic coffee
- 2 tsp. coconut oil (or coconut oil + 1 tsp. coconut butter
- 1/2-1 tsp ghee or unsalted grass-fed butter (for dairy-free option or if you’re allergic to dairy- add additional coconut oil)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk (optional-adds more creaminess)
- 1/8 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. Great Lakes Collagen (Sold At Nourishing Wellness)
- Brew coffee in a coffee maker or french press.
- While coffee is brewing, in a saucepan over medium heat melt and heat the coconut oil/butter, ghee and optional milk. This will help to keep your latte nice and hot.
- Pour 12 oz. of coffee in a blender, add the remaining ingredients and blend on high for 10-15 seconds until creamy and frothy.
- Pour in coffee mug and enjoy.
Recipe obtained from therealfoodrds.com and Simply Nourished Recipes.