Cast Iron Steak with Herb Butter
- 8 Tbls organic butter or ghee, softened
- 1 Tbls fresh thyme, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tbls coconut aminos
- 2- 3/4lb New York Strip Steaks (grass fed/organic) *Why grass fed?…You eat what they eat! Grass fed cows will live their whole life on a pasture and forage diet vs the grain and other unnatural foods conventional cows consume. Grass-fed beef contains more nutrients and more flavor!
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
- Scoop into a log shape onto a square of parchment paper or cling wrap.
- Carefully roll the butter up into a log then place in the refrigerator until hard.
- Remove steaks from fridge 30 minutes before cooking and coat each side of the steaks with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Remove herb butter from fridge and cut into 8 even slices, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Melt 2 slices of herb butter in a large cast-iron skillet oven medium-high heat.
- Once butter is sizzling, add one steak to the pan.
- Cook for 2 1/2 minutes then flip and add another tablespoon of herb butter.
- Spoon melted butter onto the steak while the other side cooks.
- After another 2 1/2 minutes, flip and continue to spoon butter onto the steak for 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of herb butter to the pan and add second steak.
- Cook in the same method as above.
- Let both steaks rest for at least 5-7 minutes before cutting into the steak.
- Serve with a dollop of herb butter!
Recipe from: https://www.plaidandpaleo.com/2017/02/cast-iron-steak-herb-butter.html