As a Mother and Wellness Warrior, I am always on the lookout for clean food to feed my son. This recipe is grain-free, dairy-free, paleo and GAPS. I chose to use all organic ingredients as well when making these animal crackers. This recipe was very easy to make and my son had fun joining in on fun in the kitchen while making them together. We also enjoyed the yumminess of these straight out of the oven, still warm.
Animal Crackers Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups finely ground almond flour
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix using a hand mixer. Dough may become a bit crumbly.
- Roll dough into a ball and place on a large piece of parchment paper, laid on a flat surface. Add another large piece of parchment on top.
- Roll out dough using a rolling pin, to about 1/4″ thickness.
- Use animal-shaped cookie cutters (Found on Amazon- Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Animal Cracker Cookie Cutters, Set of 4) to cut out shapes. If using plunge-style cutters, gently wiggle and push plunger in and out as you pull away from the dough.
- Gently transfer shapes to a lined baking sheet, spacing cookies about an inch apart. A thin fish spatula can help with the transfer.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until lightly golden on the edges. Allow to cool before serving or storing in an air-tight container.
I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as mine did…and continues to. Enjoy!
Recipe obtained from thefamilythathealstogether.com